Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Wow, Its been awhile....

And there isn't any better time for me to let it all out then right now... As normal I am in panic mode. There are allot of things going on in my family's lives right now that really probably aren't as big as I make them, but I can't help it. For starters today is officially the 30th day the Government Attorney has to appeal Pedro's Asylum case. Unfortunately this day means nothing because we won't know if he has appealed for a couple of days, depends on how fast the mail works. We are praying for NO News, why no news you say...because like the old saying goes No News is GOOD News. If we don't hear anything that means there is nothing further to hear and in one year Pedro can apply for his permanent residency AKA Green Card. This has been a long and stressful journey that started in March of 2005. So you can do the math, we've been at this for over 3 years. I say we've been doing this for 3 years but in reality poor Pedro has been going through this since December of 1991. Soooo I'm really hoping that the other attorney just realizes that there is nothing more to find, say or prove and lets it go. If he doesn't we have more legal expenses to expect as well as time and stress involved.... On another stress note Rafaela is coming back on Saturday. I typically stress about this when everything is running smoothly, however unfortunately this time things aren't running smoothing. But its also given me a reason to count my blessings....Okay every time Rafaela comes Carlos (who is Yessie's X-Boyfriend) takes Rafaela to the airport. We give him money for his gas and trouble, and he does a more than fine job taking care of our precious little Rafaela. Anyhow Pedro called him on Monday night to find out that the poor guy while riding on his motorcycle was hit by a TAXI! He was thrown off his bike and broke his entire leg as well as mangled many other parts. He was in the hospital for 3 days and will be bed ridden for 6 months. To top it off the Taxi driver didn't have insurance or anything, so you can imagine the huge financial burden on him and his family. He won't be able to work, and in El Salvador there isn't any such thing a sick leave or unemployment, but his job is going to pay him 1/2 his salary of how much I don't know. Anyhow I'm thankful to God that he survived the event, but also because for some reason or another we moved Rafaela's ticket from last Saturday the 7th, to this Saturday the 14th. Had we not moved the originally planned date Rafaela would had been waiting for Carlos (who was in the hospital) and would have missed her flight and we would have been out money and in major panic etc....So, I guess we should be thankful for that. So now someone else is going to take Carlos to the airport. Thankfully his uncle who has taken her before has agreed to do this for us, though we don't know what he plans to charge...hopefully not more than $150 because that is what we have planned, and will pay even if he says less than that. Anyhow I do feel better writing all this down, even if no one does read it. I'm pretty worked up about life in general and I need to just breath calm down and relax. ahhhh.....the rain will stop soon I know.

No comments: