Sunday, June 6, 2010

Take us out to the ballgame!


Last month on May 15th Pedro and I drove up to Detroit to see our very first LIVE Boston Red Sox game. Though I'm not a huge Red Sox fan they are growing on me. My family always followed the Chicago Cubs more, but nothing hardcore so I think it's okay if I change up my team in order to support my husband's...right? Anyhow, ever since Pedro was just a young lad in El Salvador, he's liked the Red Sox. Though unfortunately, he'd never had a chance to see them. Sometimes life gets in the way, especially when it's as loco as ours. So, for Pedro's birthday I wanted to get him something totally unique, and luckily, one week after his b-day the Red Sox were playing in Detroit, so we went for it. I must say I was a little apprehensive at first with it being 'Detroit' and all, but we were fine, and we weren't the only Boston fans either. Here's some pics of our day. P.S. we had excellent seats.

Finding our seats
Photobucket

A scary pic of me...hehe
Photobucket

Pedro excited for the game to start
Photobucket

The game
Photobucket

About two weeks after the Tigers/Red Sox game our family went to our first FW Tincaps game. We had an excellent time. The kids got free tickets from school for participating in a reading program. Here's some shots:

View from our seats
Photobucket

Shot of the city buildings
Photobucket

Pierre looking cool in his (my) shades
Photobucket

Arly, sucking up the last of her dippin' dots
Photobucket

No comments: