Arly's reading skills have impressed Pedro and myself. I never expected her to be a 'reader' in Kindergarten. I realize that FWCS has full day kindergarten now, but I didn't start reading until 1st grade. I suppose it helps that we read allot at home. Anyhow, we're very proud of her and her desire to learn, be respectful, sweet and basically, make us look like we're doing something right! She received her Kindergarten diploma today and a Franke Park Elementary 'Hard worker' award and a 'Citizenship' award (I assume/hope everyone receives that one)... When I was in school I'm pretty sure these type of 'honorable mention awards' were the only things ever presented to me. -haha- That's okay though, I wasn't nearly as scholarly motivated as my Arly. Anyhow, very proud of my baby.

Pierre and Arly are like night and day, summer and winter, hot and cold -- two different kids all around. I knew from day one of school he would be a different story. In fact, when I took him to his 'practice day/orientation' he literally threw a fit because I wouldn't pull some NASA Rocket down from a classroom shelf for him...so much of a fit that he STOPPED the future students/teacher from singing the ABC song so he could TELL ON ME! Yep, that is my boy. I was so embarrassed (and angry) by his behavoir, but what can you do in front of 30 parents, students and teachers -- other than laugh and apologize. Okay, so my point is Pierre was a challenge; but he proved me wrong. We (us and the school) really didn't have any problems with him. He was/is in speech therapy and improving daily, has learned TONS of stuff. Even TONS more than Arly took from her pre-k class last year, and she was nearly a year and a half older than him when she started Pre-K. So with these challenges we were dreading, Pierre proved us wrong, worked hard and received the 'Kiwanis' award today. Only one is presented per class per year, and it can be for different things. Pierre received it for 'most improved' and that, I'm sure, he most definately deserved.

Congrats to my babies, who are no longer babies (*_*)...Seriously, high school is around the corner.

No comments:
Post a Comment